I needed to make a baby quilt (or two), and happened upon this pattern in McCall's Quick Quilts (Feb/Mar 2012 issue). This was the first one, made to be non-gender specific. This one was quilted in a giant stipple.
Then I went to a quilt show and found this adorable sock monkey fabric, and knew I had to make another one!
It was March, and the latest 2012 Quilting challenge was up, challenging me to do something other than a giant stipple. This was my first sample for a modified stipple, more interesting.
So I decided to combine feathers in the and the modified stipple. Not sure about it for a baby quilt, too dense, more like a play mat.
But they are done and ready to give once I wash them.