Sunday, August 26, 2012

Quilting Cornucopia of Thanks

Looking at the pile of fabric I had left, and no desire to make another quilt with it, I decided to piece the backing. Originally it was to be 36 squares 16.6" each, but that got modified. The outer border (not shown) is rectangles, to make it 4" bigger all around. The pile of leftover fabric is now very small.
Decided to quilt it myself, the design shown will be on all 16 squares, still deciding on the sashing and border quilting.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cornucopia of Thanks quilt top done

It is a top. After much angst, I put my big girl panties on and just did it. The borders are all pieced, just didn't have enough fabric (this was from my stash), or the design of the fabric made me piece it, the stripes and directional print. I wanted to do mitered corners, but would have had to piece even more than I did, so I revised the plan. First and third borders are not mitered at all. The middle striped border has corner blocks that were mitered and then pieced onto the stripe. They just were not long enough with two widths of fabric to miter without the corner blocks. Now I can move on to the next thing on my UFO list, not sure what that is yet, there are several contenders. This will probably go to my long-arm quilter since I already have a couple of tops to quilt once I get them basted. Maybe that should be next.