Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finally Quilting

I've had the border to my Dear Jane quilt marked for a while. I finally got around to starting to quilt it this weekend. All of the plain triangles are now not so plain, they have a feathered triangle quilted in each one of them, 56 all told. When I was quilting the feathers I, every now and then, quilted a pieced triangle as well, so some of them are now quilted too. Then I started on the outer border. I added a border to the quilt so it will be big enough for my queen size bed, and marked a feathered cable on it. One corner might get remarked, but meanwhile, I am quilting what I like. One side is pretty much done (except that funky corner), and I am working my way around the next side, so at least one corner is done! I am using my walking foot to stitch the five rows of cable, boring, but essential. Then I do the other half of the cable with my BSR stitching a feather pattern. The second side is getting its feather treatment. If I can get them all done today, I will be happy, and the quilt border will be halfway done. More or less, I still need to add the background stippling after I do an echo quilting all the way around. But still, making progress.
Friday I finally got the backing pieced for my niece's quilt, and gave that to my sister to quilt. She came down to go to the Pajaro Valley Quilt guild's quilt show with me on Saturday, which was lovely. I saw lots of lovely quilts, and some lovely fabric. Michael Miller has some new Flower Fairy fabric, and I got some of the Periwinkle line. If you go to their website, they have several quick quilts, and I will probably end up doing one of them.



Then Tracey Brookshier had a booth. Love her BB bag, which I plan on making soon! But yesterday I got her Crane Moon pattern. You can see it at http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=BSD07736

I also got the center panel from her, and several coordinating fabrics. I just don't have that many purples! Or didn't, now I do.


I also got some applique thread that comes on bobbins. Such a great idea from Superior Threads. I got a set that comes on a bobbin holder. And a tip, store it upside down so it doesn't get dusty. I generally wind a thread color that I am using on a bobbin anyway, so this saves that step.

I made the fatal error of stepping into Pincushion Boutique's booth, and came out several Sweet Treats later, some to be used in the BB bag mentioned above . Others to be used with the Crane Moon quilt.


All in all, a very quilty weekend

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic! You've made a lot of progress in one weekend.