Sunday, December 2, 2012

Grandmother's Choice catch-up

After a couple of hectic weeks, it was time to get caught up with the Grandmother's Choice BOWs.
BOW 12 was Little Boy's Breeches and symbolizes dress reform. I was reminded of Amelia Peabody, Elizabeth Peters' intrepid Egyptologist and sleuth. Amelia was an avid advocate of rational dress, but until now I really wasn't sure what it looked like. Now I know thanks to Barbara Brackman.

BOW 13 - Everybody's Favorite - is for Universal Suffrage. A bit tongue in cheek - I don't think it was Everybody's favorite. Going away Thanksgiving weekend and then a long week at work kept me from getting this one done, but it is done now. Barbara modified this block to be easier in an eight inch format. I copied the Blockbase version and used EQ to make templates.
BOW 14 is Bride's Knot for Invisible women. How glad I am that is no longer the case in the United States, more or less. But it still is in various parts of the world. Again I copied the Blockbase version into EQ and used templates.

1 comment:

Donna Keating said...

They turned out just beautiful. I'm about 5 blocks behind because of a quilt I was working on to send to New Jersey for Hurricane Sandy relief. I'm happy to say it is made and in the washing machine as I write this. It will go in the mail tomorrow. Now I can get back to Grandmother's Choice!