Saturday, January 19, 2013

Charming Handbag

I bought a charm pack of Etchings to make a small handbag from the Charm Party Tote pattern by Penny Sturges. Of course, it keeps disappearing in my sewing room. So when I finally got around to trying to do something with these charms, I went online and found the Charming Handbag tutorial at the Moda Bake Shop. I pieced the body using the bits as leader/enders, then it just sat. This week I have been cleaning my sewing room, finished the top of the Civil War Chronicles, was all caught up on Grandmother's Choice (until this morning), so decided to finish up this bag before getting more stuff out (and deciding what to work on next ). It is lined with chambray, and is reinforced with cotton batting. I used the extra charms for pockets on the inside.

No comments: