Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Beginning....

Why or why am I doing this? I an not that successful at journaling or keeping a diary or writing letters, except e-mail. So hopefully this will be more like e-mail than regular letter writing. Right now I am taking a break from embroidering lighthouses for a quilt that I have been trying to make for the last several years. Hopefully I can at least finish the lighthouses this year. Then turn them into blocks and attach them to the center of the quilt. This is a medallion quilt, not fully thought out yet, but the center is a Mariner's compass. It is almost done, the circle is, but it is not yet set into a square.

Why Crafts in my blogname rather than quilts, because I love all sorts of "crafts", at least useful (to me) ones. I have tried my hand at crochet, knitting, beading, jewelry making, sewing clothes, sewing quilts, embroidering (hand and machine), and counted cross-stitch. I also used to garden a lot, and still love to cook (although dishwashing is not one of my favorite activities!)

Recently I discovered the joys of handbag making. I am still not an expert, hardly even an advanced beginner actually, but did manage a couple of messenger bags for nieces this Christmas. I hope to follow this up with some usable handbags with lots of pockets!

No comments: