Saturday, April 19, 2008

Quilt Progress

The good news is I finished the Yellow Brick Road quilt made with the Paris Cats fabric. I also made a baby size to use up the leftovers and practice quilting with the Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR). I am getting better.


This is the large one. I still had leftover fabric so I used it for the baby Lone Star sample I was making to show my small quilt group (Space Blanketeers). That was a fun session. I have seen one finished top so far

I am working on quilting the Shoo-Fly quilt. Now that I have an idea of what I want to quilt, it should go quicker.

Then recently I got caught up in Moda Prairie Paisley madness, courtesy of the Patchwork Party 2008 shops. I fell in love with blocks and fabric and decided to make the 12 blocks and design my own layout, which is modified from the version put out by Stitchin' Heaven. I added another block from a different shop, Quilt Something, and changed the Ohio Stars to LeMoyne Stars. My LQS got the entire line of fabric and I went a little crazy, I got enough fabric for at least two quilts. I hope this is a fairly quick quilt to put together, then it will be sent to a Long arm quilter to finish. So far I have begun the four extra blocks. I plan on using Marti Michell's templates, and don't have them yet, for the 12 blocks, so will work on my center blocks until then. The center is a Feathered Star, also made using MM's templates. This will be my first Feathered Star, and I hope to make many more.

On top of that I have begun doing the BOW from Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I saw the original SBS at the Voices in Cloth quilt show last weekend and couldn't resist any longer. I had the patterns drafted into EQ6, and the fabric (Dorothea's collection from Red Rooster) from a while back, waiting for the right time. This seems like the right time. So far two blocks are done, Aunt Sukey's Choice and Cut Glass Dish.

No comments: