Saturday, November 15, 2008

SBS Bow I-9, and more quarter square blocks


I seem to be innundated with quarter square triangle (QST) blocks this week. The mystery quilt was all QSTs, and this week's BOW was Yankee Puzzle, made up of 4 QSTs. Yankee Puzzle was a piece of cake after making over 90 QSTs for the mystery Quilt. And seven of ten rows of the mystery quilt are stitched together. Taking a short break.
Next Tuesday and Wednesday I will be going to the SCVQA meeting and class. Nancy Chong is the guest teacher/lecturer, and I have been a fan of her Hawaiian quilt patterns for a while. Since I am still quilting my Silversword, I hadn't started another one, although I have fabric for a few wall hangings. I went out today to get thread, and ended up getting backing for the current (almost pieced) mystery quilt, and fabric for the next mystery quilt. Need to wash fabric now, including some I had gotten for Hawaiian quilts, but never washed.
I made Vegetable Chicken soup with Orzo for dinner, along with rolls. In a splash of olive oil I sauteed chopped onions. minced garlic, chopped carrots, a green pepper, stalk of celery, and two small diced eggplants (all except onion from the farm share). I added a box of low sodium chicken broth and a couple handfulls of orzo (after it started to boil), cooked nine minutes, then added diced, cooked chicken and heated through. Yummy.

No comments: