Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Farmer's Wife Sampler Center assembled

Here it is! Started in October of 2009, I have had the blocks finished for a while (since October 2010), but hadn't assembled them into the center of the quilt. About 540 parts later (sashing, cornerstones, setting triangles and 113 blocks), it is a center. Only need to find the perfect border (not that easy to do, I am thinking), then I can complete the top and figure out the quilting. There is a Shop Hop in June, so if I don't find something before then, this will be making the rounds.
6/2/11 - decided to do the skinny border with the brown I used for sashing, and found a muted green fabric for the final border, with just 3 yards left on the bolt. Must have been meant to be, I needed three yards! I should have enough of the light fabric used for the setting triangles to make pillowcases, along with the brown for the accent color on the end.

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous!

Mango said...

Beautiful. At the next guild mtg, Sally Collins will be talking about borders :) in case you didn't see that.

ConnieB/CA said...

Thank you.
Sally's talk on borders could be helpful. Thanks!

Anne Ida said...

It is soooo beautiful, Connie! Happy to hear you found the perfect borders for it!

cassandra ludwig-malone toth said...

Wasn't that a labor of love just putting the blocks together? I'll never forget doing mine and it is high time I get a border on it and get it quilted.

What an adventure it was making those blocks....