Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fourth of July quilt

I have been wanting to make a quilt for the Fourth of July for a while. The shop hop by the bay 2013 is going on right now. Yesterday I thought about doing it, and actually made it to five shops. At the last one I saw a wall hanging made from a Judy Martin block, Star Spangled Quilt. As it happens, I have that pattern. So I dug around in my stash and came up with this:

It still needs borders, which will be a red star print, large fun stars.
Twas a short break from lots of half square triangles, but during this I found more strata bits! Maybe I won't need to cut any more, time will tell (after I cut them and count what I have).

2 comments:

jjthor said...

I love your quilt!! Did you make the pattern yourself or was it one you found?

ConnieB/CA said...

I didn't make up the pattern, it is a Judy Martin pattern from "The Block book", also available via an EQ add-on.