Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Patchwork Barn, Mug Rugs and other things


First up, I have been working diligently, at least recently, on my Patchwork Barn BOM. This month was the center Barn block with applique. After stitching the barn block I had to decide if I wanted to use the fusible shapes that came in the kit, or do turned edge applique. I opted to use the fusible shapes, with a blanket stitch in sort of matching colors. I set my Bernina 630 up with a #720 stitch, reversed, 2.4 length and 2.2 width, and then used a small straight stitch to secure the beginning and ending section of stitching. I found that if I moved the needle over two clicks to the right it lined up nicely with the edge of the applique shape.
After stitching the center block I went ahead and stitched the parts together, so now I just have to wait until October for the next applique border.


In my last post I showed the first set of mug rugs. Well, I got carried away making them, and made three more sets. The pattern came from Shabby Fabrics, as did the kits for the sunflowers and cone flowers. I used my own wool for the shamrocks. I am looking forward to the October set, don't know what it is yet, but I am sure it will have pumpkins!


My Favorite things "redwork" BOM is a tea kettle this month. It is so cute, I want to make a tea cup / tea pot quilt. That has actually been on my "wanna-do" list for a while. Maybe next year?
Also done in the last couple of weeks, several dishcloths, no picture, and I gave two of them away.
I almost forgot about the mini-socks! These are for an advent calendar a friend is making. I made three, these are the first two.

No comments: