Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wooly update

This last week has been working with wool, both wool applique and knitting.
First up, I stitched the fifth Moon Garden block, from Primitive Gatherings, a BOM. So I am all caught up. No new stitches for me with this one. I love the fly stitch down the center of each petal, at least to look at, my hand got sore pulling the needle through, although the Colonial knots through several layers of wool was harder yet.

To take a hand break, I worked on the first of Shabby Fabrics Wooly Mug Rugs, a new one is available each month, to make for the following month. I just found them, so made the January block to use next February. I did learn a new stitch with this project, the little scalloped edging around the heart, AKA the scroll stitch.

Then, knitting, I am still working on the Feather Chic sweater, started the front, although the back is not done yet. I wanted something I could stick in my purse when I went to Santa Cruz Shakespeare. It was a lovely long weekend spent down there, and we took in three plays, Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", "Loves Labours Lost", and David Ives' "Venus in Fur". A gem of a company almost in our back yard. While it is only about 30 miles away, we opted to spend the weekend there. Along with theatre, we discovered Kelly's French Bakery, the Santa Cruz Mountain Vineyard tasting room, and rediscovered Lundberg Glass studio. All in all, a lovely weekend.

No comments: