Sunday, August 24, 2008

SBS Progress






After finishing the last August "BOW" I found out about the SBS Offline Quilters yahoo group. They have challenges too! I had already done B-2 Gulf Star, but I did B-9 Irish Chain, E-6 Jack in the Pulpit, G-1 Love in a Mist, and M-4 Jack in the Box for their August Challenge. I have one more to go from their list. I also did K-1 Road to Oklahoma just because. So up to 52 blocks done!
On the bathroom front, we are waiting for the last part of the vanity, the counter top and the shower door. Some day I will have a lovely new bathroom, but not quite yet.
In between watching the Olympics, I went to see Bottle Shock, the story of Napa wineries going up against French wines and beating them in the 1970s (1976?). Anyway, it makes me want to take a trip to Napa again, haven't been in a while. I don't think I have ever been to Chateau Montelena or Stag's Leap, although I have had their wine. They won the white and red contests, respectively.
Today was a fun day, went to the DeYoung Museum in San Francisco to see the Chihuly exhibit, quite grand. Not so sure I liked his glass forests, but liked the underwater feeling from one of the rooms, where the glass ceiling was full of his team's work. After that we drove to Half Moon Bay (actually Princeton by the Sea) and had dinner. a lovely dinner. Very nice day with DH.

No comments: