Monday, June 1, 2009

Castle Wall - a SBS extra block


This is the first "extra" block I have made that is going into my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt. It is a Castle Wall variation (variation because I did not piece the center, I like the floral just the way it is). This is one of my favorite blocks, and since I am trying to add ones that Agnes pieced, this was an obvious choice to add to my quilt. I used templates from the Jinny Beyer website, except the center octagon, which I drafted in EQ6.

4 comments:

Crispy said...

Oh what a pretty block Connie, I love the floral center.

Crispy

Anne Ida said...

This is beautiful, Connie! And a perfect addition to the 140 SBS blocks! I'm really getting curious about your setting for this quilt!

Happy quilting!

Anonymous said...

this block is used in the books lol did you know? its in Quilters Appentice.....I am sure your sampler quilt will look lovely.

ConnieB/CA said...

I did know it was used in the books, one of the reasons I used it, besides loving this block!