Thursday, September 17, 2009

1930s Applique Sampler

I have had The New Applique Sampler by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins for several years, but hadn't really done anything with it. I am now taking an on-line class using this as the textbook. We are making the samll applique sampler, and the fabrics I am using are below.

So far we have made the overlay, the templates and stitched the leaves. I need to redo my tulips because I shouldn't have trimmed them yet. I got carried away. But I put them on the fabric to show the colors I will be using. It also needs a stem, fabric TBD, might be one different than the rest of the greens, or will use four and match the leaves.



1 comment:

Crispy said...

It's ok Connie, I got over excited when I was doing my tulips for this month's AMG block and trim them out. It really is easier if you don't :0) Your quilt is going to be so pretty!!

Crispy