Before I left I had been working on the Prairie Paisley baby quilt, made with some blocks I decided not to use with the Patchwork Party blocks. The four extra blocks are in the center, surrounded by a pieced border, and then a triple border. I used Marti Michell templates (sets B & D) to make the blocks, which work lovely with the Peaky and Spike and Ice Cream Cone shapes. I pieced the border before attaching, reversing the pressing so the seams would nest when I mitred the corners. Works pretty well
. Now to find backing and batting, this will be machine quilted.
The Cotton Patch from Lafayette brings down a mini-quilt shop so that people can get things easily that they need for class, or another new project. They had some flannel baby kits, I got one. I decided to make nine patches, 4 sets are done, 4 more to go. There are 8 fabrics in the quilt, then I need to get backing and binding. This is the first flannel quilt I have made.
Oh, and I finished a sock! Just one, working on the second one, made from Opal's Harry Potter yarn, Ron coloring.