Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not much quilting going on

While I am working away at trying to finish my Kites quilt ( stitching down binding when I get the chance, hopefully some more tomorrow night), I have been mostly working on making shopping bags for gifts. I finished up the sixth one today, sending three to each sister-in-law. I get complements on mine, they hold a bunch and they are sturdy, and did I mention they look good? They might get used to wrap the other presents that we bought, or not. This is the same bag I did this summer with the flower fairy fabric (to hold the flower fairy quilt).
Then I also made two pillowcases for the eight year old, with paper doll fabric that is just too cute.

I did actually make one block today, using Marti Michell's 5-patch templates, making a humongous 12" block.

Too tired to cut, so I think I will just read a bit then go to bed.

No comments: