A somewhat longer post than I would typically do for this block. It was rotary cut, and not correctly the first time, I cut a few a bit too long, as is evident in the first photo. There shoud be:
3 light and 3 dark 1 1/2" squares
7 light and 8 dark 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangles
Then I proceeded to lay them out wrong. It is always a good idea to look at the picture, which I neglected this time. So I cut out an extra dark rectangle, thinking I hadn't counted right.
I actually pieced the whole block before realizing my mistake, and came up with this new block
I proceeded to rip apart part of the block, I could actually use five of the rows, and only needed to dissamble (rip-it) one row and use that extra light piece I thought I had cut in error. After re-arranging I came up with this:
And finally a Streak of Lightening block.