Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tuesday update - 14 August 2018

The big news this week is that I finished my "Goblin King: a Labyrinth quilt"!

This was a quilt along with Fandom in Stitches 2017. I wanted the black fabric to look like a stone wall, and the walkway to be pebbled. Thanks to Lori Kennedy's tutorials (The Inbox Jaunt), I think I succeeded.

I am still working away on the Moon Garden BOM, and got month four done over the last couple of weeks:


This is a Primitive Gatherings/Lisa Bongean BOM. I just got month 5 in the mail, but won't start it until I get caught up (again) with the Patchwork Barn BOM. Cutting out the rest of August's blocks now.
Then I have been knitting. I finally finished the scarf I have been working on for months, off and on, mostly off. This was the leftover yarn from my Old Shale Shawl I made last year, using a Caron Big Cake (Blue Macaron).



And I finished a pair of simple socks. These were knit on size 00 needles, using a skein of Opal's Harry Potter yarn (Harry and Ron colorway) from a long time ago. It was released along with the Goblet of Fire movie. I still have several skeins to go.


I have been trying to make my way through James Joyce's "Ulysses", hence all the handwork, my book club meets this Thursday, one long chapter to be discussed, so more knitting in my future. I read about the chapter, then listen to the chapter, sometimes following along in the book, sometimes doing handwork. It has been on my bucket list, but I will be so glad when I am done! Currently knitting on my Feather Chic sweater (cast on this week).

No comments: