Saturday, July 19, 2008

Remodeling Bathroom

After living in this house 16 years, we are finally remodeling the master bathroom. It hasn't been high on the priority list, but it has been on the list. We did the kid's bathroom first, which was also the bathroom used by guests. The half bath was a dark hole (IMHO) off the laundry room, not where I wanted to send guests, or even use myself. When we remodeled the kitchen, we also did the half bath and the laundry room. Now it is our turn. Unfortunately, it is rather inconvenient while it is going on. So far demolition has occurred, and the shower (no tub) has been roughed in, along with a little corner seat, and the morter/cement that defines the slope to the drain. This morning we bought stuff, actually, we've been buying stuff all week. We signed a contract with the remodelers on Monday, and they started on Thursday. We have had the tile for the bathroom for a while (late last year), just nobody to do the job. I had picked out cabinets then as well, but didn't order them until Tuesday. That will be our long pole, I believe. Today and yesterday were bathroom lights, toilet, shower sprays, faucets, towel rods, etc. I think most of the design decisions are now done. Hopefully the cabinet comes in a little early, but I am not counting on it. I am just glad we have another bathroom to use while this is going on!

No comments: