Saturday, January 8, 2011

Civil War North Star - block 2

Barbara Brackman posted her second BOW this morning, and I made it this afternoon. (link to her page on the side)
Once again I used Marti Michell templates, B-8 (4" square for center), B-12 (2" square for corners), B-11 (4" quarter square triangle) and B-13 (2" half square triangle).

Cut one B-8, 4 B-11 (background), 4 B-11 (background) and 8 B-13 (star points) (4 are hiding)

Assemble flying geese units, pressing towards star points
Assemble rows, pressing away from flying Geese unit, then stitch rows together (I pressed away from the center row)
Two done!

6 comments:

Karen said...

very nice blocks, Connie. I have yet to make mine :-)

Kathleen Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen Walker said...

I was trying to say that at least the blocks aren't 4 inches this time, but just how large of a quilt are you making? Both look great though

ConnieB/CA said...

The blocks are 8", I will make 56 and set them 7 x 8, with an inch sashing, a skinny border and a wider border, so something on the order of 76" x 85", good sized lap quilt

Mary said...

I have those templates! Yea, another use for them...thanks for the tip.

Yvette said...

Those came out great! I am so tempted to do this BOW but I already started 3 other Civil Way quilts.