Saturday, January 1, 2011

new sewing room

All of the pieces are in my new sewing room! Not all organized, but they are here. Got the Kvartal room divider up today that will hold quilts to be photographed or a felt design wall (as needed).

Bernina 630 and computer center - up until recently this was the only sewing station in here.

But now I have a new sewing cabinet, delivered shortly after Thanksgiving, which houses my Bernina 200. I haven't been sewing on it lately since I hated moving it in and out of the Koala cabinet, now I don't have to do that anymore. I have the center of the Quilt Show 2009 block of the month cut out and ready to sew next to the machine. I want to get it done this year!
Then I have a prep table, with a pressing board for preparing applique ala so many people! Pearl Pereira, Karen Kay Buckley, and me . Want to get back to that too. Pearl's Christmas Baltimore is waiting for me to start! Before that I am going to practice on a block with larger pieces, a gingko leaf design by Jill Rixman, a designing woman. Pearl's pieces are small, want to practice first!

A Christmas present was the TV that is now mounted on the wall, can be swiveled to watch at different places, and has a Wii attached (so I can exercise in here too!) I had to move a few things around to make room for that, but think it will work out great. The Wii Fit platform is stored under the Hemnes cabinet to the left of the TV. You can also see a few more plastic storage boxes that didn't fit into the storage cabinets, more under the prep table too. Need to use up some fabric before I can get anymore!

The outside entry to this room, still need to clean up the stuff in the driveway (which you can't see, thank goodness) and my corner cabinet.
The armoire that is now holding clothing fabric and large bits, lots of backgrounds, but a few other things too. On top is more storage, the lightbox should get moved to the applique prep area, where it will be used.
And finally, the cutting table, pretty large, so now I can cut out clothes! Not making too many right now, as I am also trying to lose weight. 35 pounds are gone, at least another 30 to go. Once they are gone I will see where I am size wise. Weight Watchers, in case you are wondering. A bit stalled over the holiday season, but with the New Year I am re-motivated to get rid of this excess flab.

No comments: