Monday, January 17, 2011

Stars for a New Day begun

In 2009, The Quilt Show had a block of the month that I loved, Stars for a New Day, designed by Sue Garmon. I gathered fabric for it (initially from stash, but supplemented), but had too much on my plate to actually start it. But I saved the patterns for it and looked at what other people were doing, and now I am actually starting it!

Mine will be blue and white. The setting triangles were my starting point for fabric color. This is my first feathered star, and I must say that Sue Garmon's instructions made it pretty easy, relatively speaking

5 comments:

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

I want to do a Feathered Star. Is the pattern still online or is it in a book where I can get it? Love the blues.

Yvette said...

I joined the quilt show that year just so I could gather those patterns. My computer crashed and I lost all the patterns. :( I adore this quilt. You did a fantastic job on the first block.

ConnieB/CA said...

It was only online for 2009. However, Sue also designed a very similar quilt, Washington something, that has a feathered star center, that is available now.

Kathleen Walker said...

Beautiful block, should make a beautiful quilt.