Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Civil War Quilt


Barbara Brackman is starting a new Block of the week on her blog, http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/ I debated about starting it, my Civil War fabric was hard to get to, then I stumbled across a stack of Mary Koval for Blank Quilting fabric from 2007 - and it spoke to me. I did add the red fabric (an old Elly Sienkiewicz Baltimore Beauties) that I have had for a while. Eventually things work!
This is block #1, Catch Me if you can. The blocks are 8", I used Marti Michell templates B-11 and B-13, assembling it in quarters, then stitching the quarters together, and finally, the block.

4 comments:

Messy Karen said...

your block is very nice.

Mary said...

I like your Block. Did the instructions include how to use MArti Michell's Templates? My Civil War fabrics are hidden too. I hope to get a bunch in my FQ Swap that I get to open on my B-day. I see a lot of Civil War BOM's going on already this year.
Plus Jennifer C. is doing her Loyal Union Sampler.

ConnieB/CA said...

the instructions did not include how to use MM templates, I just love them and use them whenever possible. I will be doing the Loyal Union sampler in non-CW fabrics, primarily white, blue and yellow.

Donna Keating said...

Your block is lovely. My fabric resource center (aka stash) is primarily 19th century repros. It would be the brights or anything else that I personally would have to dig around for.