Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Up to date on Patchwork Barn BOM

I can stop stressing about being behind on the Quilt Show BOM - Patchwork Barn, all caught up as of today!
June blocks were pretty straight forward, except for keeping those stripes aligned correctly!

The rail fence as one of the July blocks was perfect for using as a leader/ender for the other blocks. I used a wide variety of fabrics for those. I have decided I am not a fan of directional background fabric! I changed out the one used for block 19 (middle row) so I wouldn't waste fabric.


In addition to working on quilt blocks, I went to a Stitch n'Bitch for Ren Faire garb. Making doublets (and making your own pattern from a book, at least) and modifying some existing gowns and kirtles was the order of the day. I mostly just helped here and there. I also worked on making me a working woman's skirt, hopefully can show that next week!

No comments: