2009 started with me enthralled with knitting along with quilting. I had been collecting knitting needles and yarn, so the first finished things in 2009 were knitting needle cases. I took a sock knitting class, and began my quest to have enough hand knit socks so I could wear them all the time (haven't gotten there yet). So far I have finished 7 pairs and have another pair on the needles. I also discovered dish cloths were nice small projects to get better at following knitting directions, so I made two of them, and would like to make more. A helmet liner and scarf for my Marine son were also completed. And two scarves for me.
Another thing I worked on this year were bags, shopping bags (17 or so, many gifts) and a BB travelor bag (holds my IPOD). I also made pillowcases (at least 8). And two pencil case type things, small zippered bags, that hold knitting paraphenalia.
Then there is quilting. I finished
1. Dear Jane My way, started many years ago, and finally quilted by me on my Bernina 630
2. Cube Lattice - twin size quilt, started and finished in 2009 (quilted by Jennie Michael of Finally Finished)
3. Apple Blossom Fairies - a baby quilt, started and finished in 2009
4. Crane Wife (aka Katie's Quilt) - queen size, started in 2008 and finished in 2009 (quilted by my sister)
5. Half Square Triangle table runner - started and finished in 2009
6. Nine Patch flannel baby quilt - started and finished in 2009
7. Prairie Paisley baby quilt - started in 2008 and finished in 2009
8. Gingerbread Christmas - a wall hanging started and finished in 2009
9. Let's Go Fly a Kite - large lap quilt - started and finished in 2009
10. Elm Creek Sampler - my Sylvia's Bridal sampler, enlarged a bit, (quilted by Sue Baddley of Summit Creek Quilts) started in 2008 and finished in 2009
11. Deco Rose Double Irish chain was pieced and given to my sister to quilt
Then there are the quilts started but not yet finished:
1. Farmer's Wife Sampler - another queen size quilt of 6" blocks (40 of 113 done)
2. Civil War Diary - another queen size quilt of 6" blocks, being done with my small quilt group and we are getting a slow start ( 3 done of 121)
3. 1930's applique sampler - class quilt, wall hanging from Piece O'Cake designs - about half of the blocks are appliqued
4. Wacky Bird - another class - small wall hanging, currently quilting it, and over half quilted
I am trying to get the Farmer's Wife Sampler, Wacky Bird and the 1930's applique sampler done this year, and will continue to work on Civil War Diary.
Then older UFOs to work on (after the first three of these are done):
5. Out to sea - a medallion quilt (started in class with Judy Mathieson)
6. Spiral Lone Star (started with pattern in Jan Krentz's book)
7. Women of the Bible quilt - online block of the week, center blocks done and pieced together, Celtic knot applique border in progress
8. Dutch treat - trying to do a block a month
9. Put the Patchwork Party Prairie Paisley blocks into a quilt, and get it quilted
We will see at the end of the year how I have done.