Sunday, June 8, 2008

Moonlighters Quilt Show and quilt progress


Three more LeMoyne variations are done for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. The Split version done in two shades of gold has quite a few (16) bits of fabric all going into the same point, yikes, a bit of a bump there. Now to work on other projects until this week's BOW is announced.

I went to the Moonlight Quilters of Sonoma county quilt show on Saturday specifically to see the Quilt Mavens, Deb Karasik and Janet Mednick. They had some spectucular quilts on display. I found out they have a book out, although they were sold out at the show. Tell you anything ? Check out their website at http://www.quiltmavens.com/ You can get their book at Amazon.com, Quilt Mavens: Perfect Paper Piecing. Deb Karasik will be teaching at Empty Spools next March. I'll have to see if I can take a class from either her or Janet before 2010. Because, I got into Suzanne Marshall's class at Empty Spools in 2009 Got the confirmation yesterday.

I have been slowly ironing the backing for High Country Garden and finally got it done. This afternoon/evening I should get the quilt basted for machine quilting. I found some varigated thread in my stash that looks like it will work nicely, and will use navy Bottom Line in the bobbin.

Basic and Beyond did get a few threads into it this week, another 3 or so repositionings of the hoop and it will be completely quilted!

No comments: