Sunday, March 8, 2009

Getting ready to bind


The quilt is now quilted, at least to the point where it can be bound! Looking at it, I see a few points where I want to add a bit. But later. I remembered I had a scallop tool and actually found it. I tried to use it, and finally figured out how to put it together (the instructions were lacking that essential point), and then forgot that quilting makes things smaller. It is no longer 5" between the points of my triangles, just slightly less, but that magnifies to more as you go along, which I was blithely doing until I noticed how far off I was getting... Needless to say, I am glad I was using washout blue marker and on the back side. I will "erase" the bad parts and start again when they have dried.


Then there was the search for the binding material. I have a tote labeled Dear Jane fabric, no luck (although the pillowcase makings are in there), and two bins labeled 1800s reproductions, again, no luck. And finally another bin in the same general area as the 1800s fabrics, no label, but they looked like reproductions from the outside, and lo and behold, there was my extra border fabric that I planned on using for the binding. Yeah! It was getting a bit dicey there. Below are a couple of the blocks.

2 comments:

ranette said...

Your quilting looks beautiful!!! I wish you could teach me how to quilt with the BSR.

Oh and your DJ is just wonderful!

Lynn said...

Connie it looks GREAT! Can't wait to see it in person!