Sunday, March 15, 2009

Saturday Mystery Quilt

Saturday was a Space Blanketeers mystery quilt day. We have been working our way through the North American Mystery Quilts, and Saturday was California. So I spent Saturday morning cutting up fabric into squares to be ready for the afternoon. After cutting I decided to try and get the sample made for my half square triangle table runner class, to be held in May. Thought it would be nice to bring a sample to drum up some interest. Did not get very far, ah well. But the mystery was fun, will post a picture when it is a top. Probably no borders on this one and it will be a good size baby quilt or small lap quilt, for someone who likes orange. I am sure the mystery people were thinking California Poppies.
So I took along my baby jane, now dry to show off, and horrors of horrors, when I spread it out, one of the reds had bled. So I am not not a happy camper. I tried to find Color Catchers before I bathed it, and couldn't, so decided to brave it, bad decision. Now I need to gently get the extra red out. Definately need to look further afield for Color Catchers! Tomorrow after work.

Today was bascially a cleaning day, plus one more SBS block, Dresden Plate.

2 comments:

Crispy said...

Oh Connie, my heart aches for you. I too have had red run, on a Baltimore Album quilt. I'll finish quilting it and then tackle the red. If you hear of any good methods for getting the runs out, please post them for those of us in the same boat.

Crispy

PS love the dresden plate!!

ConnieB/CA said...

I'll be sure and write about any successes, or failures :(