Sunday, March 1, 2009

This weekend

Friday night I spent working on the feathered cable border of my Dear Jane My Way, and got it to the point where I could wash out the blue marker (Yeah!). So I did that and it was very wet, and I hung it up to dry. Until I can really wash it, it will not go into the dryer! And that won’t be until it is done. I was trying to get the blue out because I had one more corner that just wasn’t right and needed to be re-marked. I did finally remark it today, so the feathered cable is all done. Then today I echo quilted around the cable so I could stipple outside of the feathers. I have stippled the inner section about 2/3 of a side, and it is looking good J. Taking a break, stippling is hard work. I ran out of bobbin thread (in the bobbin, have several waiting to go in) and thought it was a good time to relax the shoulders a bit. The stippling is having the desired effect of emphasizing the feathers, thank goodness! As far as the rest of the quilt, all the pieced triangles are now quilted, along with 1/3 or so of the center blocks.

Saturday I went to Stitches West and got blown away by all of the yarn. I came home with more than I planned, not a big surprise there.
Socks that Rock – 2 skeins of heavyweight and 1 of silkie – for socks

Cherry Tree Hill – 4 skeins of DK weight, 10 of select (fingering) (for sweater of many colors) – Beth snagged one of the DK weight to knit a scarf
Stickwear – 1 shawl kit
Gedifra – 16 balls of worsted weight medium blue (for sweater)
Miss Babs – 3 skeins of Yummy sock yarn – for socks
5 pairs of Skacel circular needles (40”) (sizes 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10)
Now to get busy!

No comments: