Sunday, May 18, 2008

Back from Gold Country Retreat



My sister and I joined 26 other quilters for a retreat this last weekend. Lots of fun, oohing and aahhing, and progress made on lots of quilts. I managed to get the last nine Patchwork Party blocks done (yeah!) and pulled out an ancient UFO to get the top completed. These were patterns from High Country Quilts in Colorado Springs, I got one pattern each month in 1997 (or thereabouts). I started the BOM blocks in October 1998 and finished the center in January 1999. Not too bad on the center, but then it hung around. I wanted to make it 'bigger', a problem I have. I thought a border of pieced blocks would be nice, and I had lots of leftover fabrics, another issue. I bought fat quarters of fabrics instead of the kits. Would have been a lot cheaper to get the kits, but oh well. Somewhere along the line I did get some border fabric, so finally just added a skinny black border and the floral border. Now to quilt it.
This is most of the Patchwork Party blocks and most of the pieces for the Feathered Star center. Getting there.

No comments: