Sunday, May 4, 2008

Patchwork Party Progress

Last night I went to my SQG and worked on the Patchwork Party Blocks. Got two completly done and one more well on its way, which is now done. I have been using Marti Michell templates to cut out these blocks and must say they make piecing a whole lot easier. Cutting is more work, but the accuracy you get when piecing makes up for it, IMHO. And it is really noticable when you try to put bits together the wrong way! I was working on an ice cream cone section (for those of you familiar with Doreen Speckman's terminology), and tried to put the 30-60-90 triangles on backwards. The trimming at the tips won't match up that way, but does when you put them together properly. So glad I had done the trimming instead of having to do the frogging (rip-it, rip-it).



No comments: