Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Been sick for the last few days, but I think I am on the mend. Very little quilt progress is made while lying in bed. However I am now done cutting the Patchwork Party blocks to take with me to the Gold Country Retreat. And the Shoo Fly block quilting is well over half way done. So the end is in sight. And the cutting table has finally been cleared off so I can trim the extra batting from around the quilt. That will help when quilting in the middle. Now to find the binding. I know I cut it when I cut the borders, at least I think I did. I should bind it once I trim the batting, but that means reconfiguring the sewing machine. Not that hard to do, but well, I'd rather finish the quilting.

This morning I woke up to OJ by the bed, and coffee on its way. Then DD made me my breakfast of choice, French Toast, bacon and fresh strawberried. Yum. First food that has tasted good for a few days, hardly ate at all yesterday. And the headache from hell is gone (I hope). And I can sew again. So life is good. Wonder what they are going to fix for dinner?

No comments: