Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lazy Saturday


I stayed up way too late last night reading "The Saddlemaker's Wife" by Earlene Fowler. I had tried to start it before, but just couldn't get into it. Last night I did, read about 100 pages, and made myself go to bed. So I slept in this morning. When I got up I was originally going to quilt on Basic and Beyond, but SBS called to me and I ended up making B-1 Stamp Baskets. I had seen Alex Anderson making a four inch version on The Quilt Show, and kind of used her technique. Since I was making four 3" baskets I modified the pattern a bit so I didn't have to deal with bias edges and applique. I ended up hand appliqueing both sides of the handle, it was just easier that way.
I made chicken stir fry tonight, using up some of the Farm share vegies, still have a bit left from that first week, arugula. I plan on trying arugula pesto on Sunday. I am not a big fan of arugula, hopefully this tones it down a bit. I liked the radishes in the vegie saute last night. Got two more bunches on Thursday so can try them again with some other vegies. I was hoping to get carrots, but no joy. Guess I will have to buy a few. Sunday is the local Farmer's market, but I don't want to buy a lot of vegies this week. We got 8 baskets of strawberries, which are actually going fast. yummm
Tonight we went to see our DD in "The Adding Machine", an early 20th century German-esque comedy. I don't think the Germans were particularly comic then, but it was well done. I will go to the closing performance as well.
Forgot to mention that I signed up for four classes at PIQF next fall, a bit carried away. There were more overlapping ones that looked good as well, this was a feast year. I'll be taking two days off from work this year, the first time in a few years that I have done that.

No comments: