Monday, May 12, 2008

Shoo Fly quilt done!


Late last night I finished the Shoo Fly quilt - named Winter Garden Pool by my DD, the recipient of the quilt, since the fabric seems to shimmer. I don't have a great place to take pictures, so here is most of it.
Short history of this quilt - it began with some fat quarters I got at PIQF many years ago from the Cotton in the Cabin booth, designed by Sandy McCay. It took a while to decide on the pattern, but the Shoo Fly quilt in one of the Elm Creek quilt books caught my eye. I decided to make as many Shoo Flys as I could just using the fabric I had. Later, I added the indigo sashing and the green skinny strip (perfect match from an old Diana Leone fabric). I used wool batting, which is very poofy. But it did scrunch up enough in my Bernina, with some work. This is a full size quilt, roughly 88" x 96".

No comments: